Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Miscellany

Ok - an update is in order. First - the satellite.

As you recall, hubby & his bro were last seen attaching the satellite dish to the cat's scratching post.

Well, I am pleased to report progress: the satellite dish is now....

(are you really ready for this?)

...nailed to the tree.

That's right, folks! The 2 genii have obtained perfect reception without cutting down the tree that was in their way!

Of course, the first time the dog went out, her leash got caught and managed to knock the dish just enough so there was no more signal....

Moving right along with the theme of television, we were watching an episode of "Smallville" the other day. Beautiful pastoral scenes tucked into the middle as usual, with cows grazing contentedly...

It made me wonder, does Clark Kent use his superpowers when milking? I mean, ya gotta wonder how that works, from the COW's point of view!

"F***g MOO! What the hell was THAT?"

And today's last topic, cats and colds.

My darlin' has been sick for a while - almost as long as I have been, come to think of it! (Yes, I've taken her to the vet.) But her poor tiny nose is so blocked - god, if I sounded like that, I'd go to the hospital! She can't sleep, because she can't breathe. When she falls asleep, what little air she was getting is shut off entirely, and she wakes up.

Anyway, in desperation today I looked up kitty cold-care on the net, and found out I could give her infant nose drops, which dutiful hubby is now out hunting for... Then I got the bright idea of making her catnip tea. Smells like mud stew to me, but it has caused quite the uproar here! It's not even cool enough to give to her yet!

However, soon I shall be taking her into the bathroom and running the shower on hot, to get steam into the air, and soon both she and I will be breathing easier.

And last, but not least, a bowlful of chicken broth seems to have perked up her spirits a bit.

The goddess be thanked - Chicken Soup!

No comments: