Sunday, November 7, 2010

An Eensy-Weensy Sign of Hope

Could it be that the meds are starting to help after all? Or is it just that it's a sunny day out there? Well, they say not to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I'll just accept this gift and run with it.

For whatever reason, today I saw a tiny ray of hope. I went through the papers on top of my desk and dealt with them all.

That's it. No mountains moved, neither did the earth herself.

But for one simple half-hour I was able to concentrate on this task, make decisions, and follow through.

Like the first robin of spring, it gives me hope. (How come it's never the first wren of spring? Or chickadee?) Hope that I will be able to overcome the crushing load that weighs me down, that I will begin to be able to imagine completing things, that I will, eventually, cope with life once again.

I agree it's small - but when you're as deep in the abyss as I am, and have been, it's wonderful.

No comments: