Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Sleepless Night

My brain is wired for sound. I have to work tomorrow. When you only work three days a week, "they" kind of expect you to turn up rested.

I have been anxious lately, but today I had a good day. I had a visit with my friend/counsellor, I rode my bike, I contacted medical organizations regarding upcoming appointments (something I usually put off as long as possible) and I saw a great movie with Hubby.

I played with my kitties, ran the dishwasher, got sleepy, and went to bed.

Sproing! No sleep tonight. Were my brain to be scanned at this very moment, it would look like fireworks going off. Ooh, the colors! Ooh, the explosions! It's all very pretty actually - except when you have to go the work the next day.

I am seriously tempted to drive over to a friend's house, whose birthday it is in the morning, and put her gift somewhere she'll see it when she leaves for work.

I wasn't planning on getting dressed though, just getting in the car... Then I thought better of that. All it would take is one person to call the cops, and I'd be in for psychiatric evaluation. I think they start with a 15-day hold? No, I think I'll leave that one for the realm of fantasy...

I tried calling a pal who lives in Vancouver, but she's busy or out or something. Too late to call anyone else, I'm apparently on my own with this...

So it's either Ativan or Melatonin I guess. Or warm milk.

Apparently my life is far too exciting...

No comments: