Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Downside of Nice, Bright LED Bulbs!

There's a downside to these bright bulbs.

You can see E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Whether you want to or not!

For instance, the new LEDs installed in the kitchen enabled me to see how dirty everything was, with the result that I spent an entire day scrubbing.

O, joy.

And just when I thought I was done with beauty treatments, lotions and potions, I saw THIS in the bathroom mirror, courtesy of four bright 60-watt LEDs:

This is the hair on my chinny-chin-chin. Or rather, my cheek. (And there's more on the other cheek too, but that cheek has age spots on it, and even I have limits to how much embarrassment I'm willing to undergo in the service of full disclosure.)

And now I have a new beauty treatment to undergo: Threading. Because I asked my Beautiful Daughter if I needed to DO something about this cheeky hair, and she said yes.

And the options are:
  • Waxing
  • Threading
  • Nair
  • Shaving.


Yuck. 

But I'm already a crabby old lady, I'm already fat and out of shape (though a simply divine baker!) and I already don't wear makeup or dye my hair or get my nails done.

As I've said before, at least I still have all my teeth.

No comments: