Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Wedding Cake

Hubby has been over several times this morning, helping me with the wedding cake. I was short an ingredient, I wanted a different-sized board, I needed help with the engineering part of figuring out how to support the weight of the flowers on the top (tiny) tier.

And for weeks now half the house has been dedicated to cake paraphernalia. Poor Boyfriend hasn't had a meal at a table in over a month.

Boyfriend has also handed over his debit card. Many times. To me, and to Daughter. Oh, and lent the car to Daughter, and to me. And filled it up with gas after my many excursions to Ares, Bulk Barn, Michael's, and Omer Deserres. And Fabricville.

And Maxi, and Loblaws, and Metro, and Provigo.

Boyfriend has also had to pick up my share of the housekeeping during this past month. And cooking. And shopping. And grass-cutting. And laundry. And vacuuming.

Pretty much anything I do around here, he's had to take over.

And so today it hit me, as Hubby was leaving after having dropped yet another thing off for me -

It takes a village to make a wedding cake!

And, just for interest's sake, here's what my kitchen looks like. (And people ask me why I don't do this for a living!)

No comments: