Wednesday, April 25, 2018

How many cats do you see?

There are Stepson's cats, which Hubby is housing and feeding till (hopefully) July, when Stepson and his Girlfriend will take them away from here...

And there are my cats, which previously had the run of our home and ruled the roost unchallenged.

Stepson's cats are bullies. I checked with a Feline Behavioural Veterinarian. The "top cat," the most gorgeous little thing I've ever seen, has fur that looks like gold wrapped in a black stocking. She's the bully. She runs down the hall on three legs, with the other front paw raised and cocked for swatting! She wants all the attention, all the treats, all the toys, and access to all the rooms. Her sidekick gets everything in her wake.

We carved out one single room, our bedroom, to be a sanctuary for our two much-beleaugered pussies, and try valiantly to keep the main bully and her sidekick from attacking our fur babies on sight.

We often fail. We have literally picked up chunks of fur off our bedroom floor after a spat. Our cat's black fur. No sign of gold. The little beggar.

Well, this lovely morning I was having my cereal and Gold Kitty jumped up to nuzzle me. She wants me, too. My adoration and obedience, possibly a bit of my cereal. I duly offered the finger to be dunted and skritched her behind the royal ears. Then I said to her, "Why do you beat up on my kitties like that? You're not alone here any more, you know."

And then I said the (almost) famous line to her (you won't get this unless you've watched Star Trek):

THERE–ARE–FOUR–CATS!

Write to me if you want an explanation.

No comments: