Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Whimsy

Who's that pretty puppy dog,
Lyin' on the front steps like a log,
Lickin' her whizzer all the livelong day?

All she does is bark and eat
Then she goes to sleep sleep sleep -
But she's our pet and we love her anyway!

(sing to the tune of "here comes Peter Cottontail")

I can write stuff like this in under three minutes. I remember, line for line, poetry I learned when I was in grade school. Silly sayings from my Grandpa. I can recite a LOT of Monty Python by heart, complete with different voices for different characters. Same for episodes of Star Trek, ANY generation, movies I liked, books I've read, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers.... If you're playing Trivial Pursuit with me and you don't think I'm right about a line, tread carefully!

Ask me how many birthday cards I sent out on time this year?

None.

Ask me how much quilting I've been able to finish while on vacation?

None.

Ask me if I've vaccuumed yet.

You don't want to know.

I'm blogging now - not the blog that makes money, but this one, just for fun. I've stopped making a set of placemats to do this.

I'd rather engage in nonsense than do ANYTHING. Even if what I was doing was fun.

If it's whimsical and useless, I got it nailed.

1 comment:

Arrg said...

Yes but life is hardly dull with you around!