Thursday, September 22, 2011

Carbs!

I made an error in judgement recently. I figured, since I'd lost about 40 lbs., that I could safely indulge in a few desserts. In fact, I was desperate to see if I could stop losing weight, since I didn't know the cause of the weight loss in the first place. Yes, I know, it's illogical.

But the fewer carbs you eat, the less you crave them.

And... once I started eating them again, I started craving them again.

Well, tonight I'm fighting the urge to go pop a few whippets. You know, marshmallow-filled, coated in dark chocolate. Oh, and did I mention, they're raspberry-filled as well? Umm, mmm mmm! Oh, and they are calling my name!

But I'm holding out.

It's autumn. This is the time of year I want to fatten up for winter hibernation. Get nice and plump, so I can crawl into bed till April, warm and cozy under my duvet, and get a really good sleep.

Unfortunately, I don't really hibernate. I am quite capable of gaining weight however, and I'm not actually wanting to put it back on.

It's been a nice ride, these past couple of weeks, snacking on cookies and squares. But I have experienced the lack-of-cravings before, and I'm going for it again.

So, no matter that the whippets are softly crooning "Eat me! Eat me!"

I am determined.

1 comment:

Lord DragonWood said...

from Boyfriend..... i'll take care of those pesky Whippets ....