Wednesday, February 20, 2008

yet another sewing failure...

Sigh. Once again, I've put about 30 - 40 hours into a project. Bought fabric, notions, cut out pattern, muslin, fitted it, altered it, cut out a new one, fit it, altered it, cut out the real fabric, put it together and - UGH!!

It "fits", sort of. What I didn't know was, it looks like shit!

Actually, it looks so bad, it's funny. But hubby has been forbidden to take photos of it - though I can tell he was SORELY tempted. Only 3 people will ever see this dress: him, me, and my sewing teacher. I just wish my mom were still alive to see it - I can hear her laughing at it from beyond the grave! Ah, mom, alas, I didn't have you around to teach me how to dress, and what styles look good, and bad, on us... BB women! (And if you don't know what BB means, get off this blog!)

Sigh. Back to quilting.

No comments: