Friday, February 29, 2008

Goin' Dancin'

Well, yesterday I did something I've always wanted to do. I signed up for an erotic pole-dancing workshop! Hubba hubba!

Of course, I recall a couple of years ago, when I did a brief stint of ballet. Oh, yeah, it's in my blood. Oh yeah, without boasting, I was the only one in a class of 40 who "got it" the first time the teacher explained something, who could do the correct forms. Of course, one thing hampered me - I'm overweight. I looked like one of Disney's Dancing Hippos. While standing at the bar, I didn't have to look in the mirror - I could look around the room and see all these skinny people getting all the exercises wrong... I purposefully avoided looking in the mirrors...

Of course, one day after class, a very sweet 20-something lass came up to me and said in reverent tones, "I think you're SO BRAVE for doing this!"

Ouch. That bad, eh?

So, I have a pretty good idea now how I will be perceived when I go pole-dancing. Even though I've lost 23 pounds since my ballet class days, there's still a lot of me to love...

But I'm digging out the weights and I'm gonna work on my upper-body strength, mostly so I don't fall flat on my face...

Because no matter what I look like, I FEEL sexy. And I LOVE to move my body suggestively! I'm not doing this for hubby, or for any man or any other person in the world - I LOVE to dance, I LOVE to feel sexy, I'm doing this for ME.

No matter how silly I look.

No comments: