Sunday, March 30, 2008

In praise of my poor, longsuffering hubby...

It occurred to me recently that some people might think my poor hubby would be justified in putting me through the wood chipper (as he has frequently offered).

I would just like to take a few moments to praise my longsuffering hubby, butt of all my jokes, straight man, and bickering opponent for 13 years now.

I know you won't believe me, but he loves the stories I tell about him.

See, he's got what they call a "sense of humor."

Like me, he doesn't care if the joke is about him, as long as it's funny. Wait a minute, let me clarify that - I don't care if the joke is about ME, either, so long as it's funny. Yes, I also don't care if the joke is about him....

He's a good man, a quiet drunk, a killer scrabble player, a man born with a silver ________ in each hand. (Insert name of any tool is the world.) He's also an insane Quebec driver - you should SEE the startled looks on the faces of the pedestrians! He's Irish, that's why he's so stubborn, opinionated, and he thinks he's right - ALL THE TIME.

But he loves deeply and hardly ever complains. And he's the world's most patient man.

He's had to be.

2 comments:

CLoud said...

When we confuse desire with true need we are blinded from what we have by twinkling of the stars of lands too far to travel.

Deb said...

Uh, CLoud my friend, how about for those of us whose first language is English?

Qué?