Monday, March 10, 2008

Shewee, or not shewee...

My stepdaughter asked, "So... why exactly did you buy this thing?"

My husband said "I'll bet your going to put this on your blog..."

Hmm. The "SheWee." Yes, it's a urination aid. Or toy. Or... or what, I'm not sure, but it brought the house down today when it arrived, and all 3 times I used it since.

The SheWee is a small plastic contraption design to allow a woman to pee standing up, theoretically without sprinkling herself, her pants, the toilet, the floor, and anything else in a 5 meter radius...

It's a blast! It's a riot! I'll never admit to this in public, but I now have just the TEENSIEST bit more sympathy for my poor beleaguered hubby, vis-a-vis, the difficulty of AIMING the damned thing!

It's actually harder than it looks! Who would have thought! You aim the thing straight, and it squirts out the side! You aim it straight, and it shoots sixteen inches forward of the mark! You aim it straight, and YAY! For once, going to the bathroom is FUN! Disconcerting, if the little thingy isn't SNUG against all those folded bits and everything pours out over everything else.... "What do I do! What do I do!" I shouted at my hubby, who was laughing too hard to answer me... However, when he caught his breath, he suggested that the next time I try it, I remove EVERYTHING south of the belly-button, just so I don't have more laundry to do... (Ah bless him, he's always thinking of me....)

Ah, how a little variety in the otherwise humdrum of life spices things up! In my defense, I will say that I WIPED UP EVERY SINGLE BIT.... 'bout time somebody ELSE learned to do that for himself! Yes, each and EVERY time I went!

I'm not quite ready to try it in a public toilet yet - one of the selling points of the little toy - but what a GAS! I can't wait to go camping now!

2 comments:

CLoud said...

I guess your fellow campers will be instructed to keep their tent flaps down for possible showers.

Deb said...

Great one!